If you are a skilled, committed and dedicated worker who has something to offer the ROP and our kids, we would love to hear from you. You could come to Rwanda and volunteer at the centre directly or you could help spread the word about the ROP in your home area, encouraging others to get involved, and organising fundraising activities.
If you are interested in joining us out in Rwanda, please note that currently we are only accepting volunteers who can spend at least two months with us. This is for several reasons, but primarily to protect our children from a steady stream of friendships with new volunteers that only last a few weeks or days.
Before joining us, all volunteers are expected to:
- Provide us with a copy of a police check from their home country
- Provide a copy of their CV/resume
- Read our volunteer guidelines and sign a copy to show they have understood them
- Provide a detailed plan of how they want to spend their time with us.
Please note the following about volunteering at the ROP:
- We welcome committed volunteers who are willing to spend at least two months with us on a regular basis (at least twice a week)
- We ask that volunteers are self-starters who are prepared to work largely unsupervised
- We prefer volunteers who can offer a tangible, transferable skill to the ROP staff or children. Skills and training you can offer may include medical and dental advice, life-skills workshops, teaching, languages, office management, accounting, music, and arts and crafts.
- We are willing to accept shorter-term volunteers but this would have to be agreed on an individual case basis in advance
- We expect volunteers to be comfortable working and living in the environment of a developing country
- Unfortunately we are unable to help with any expenses volunteers incur including flights or living expenses, and we are also unable to help with accommodation
- You will need to send a proposal of what you would like to do, indicating how it could be of benefit to the ROP, along with a CV/resume.